Your loyal customers are a valuable asset - they shop often, cause little trouble, and spread the word about your brand. If you want to build a strong, sustainable business, you should be aiming to get as many loyal customers as possible.
But who are they and what do they have in common in the first place? Where are they coming from and what products do they like?
Here's how to find out in Metrilo
- From the main menu, go to People.
- Filter by the number of orders - pick a number larger than the average for your store (you can find how many that is in the Retention tab, just under the bar graph).
- Then, filter by revenue - again, pick a number larger than the average LTV (lifetime value, find in the Retention tab as well). For an even narrower selection of hard-core fans, use double the average LTV as a threshold.
- Add a filter by the number of sessions if you wish. This selection should give you the people who have shopped from you the most and spend a lot.
- Dive in the list and go through those people - by clicking on their name, you open their profiles.
Explore if you can find anything in common - a social network they got acquired through, location, products they bought, how many items they buy each time, how they shop, and so on.
Yes, it looks hard, but really it's not and it's fascinating to see how people browse around and what they end up buying.
Once you've identified the common things for your loyals, you can use that to attract more like them. That's how:
- use the same social media channels
- push forward the products those loyal customers buy
- replicate the customer journey so they see the same things in related products
- make a location-specific offer if a location stand out with its many loyal customers
- tailor your language for the majority (like British vs US English)