The following guide will show you how to create a simple automated email campaign. We use a “Thank you” email after first purchase as an example, but the same logic applies to any email automation campaigns with Metrilo!
1. Go to the Email Automation tab and click on New automation campaign.
2. The automation campaign composer will open. Here, you put in the campaign parameters and design the emails.
3. Name your campaign and describe it - this will be visible only to you and your teammates (field 1).
4. In field 2, choose a trigger event for your campaign. When a customer performs that action, the campaign will start and the first email will be sent. For the example “Thank you” email, the trigger event would be Places an order.
5. Here, you can add additional parameters to the trigger event - like Order count equal to 1.
6. In field 3, you can add some additional parameters for the customer, but we will skip it now.
7. In field 4, you will have to set an exit event. If the event happens, the campaign will stop and no more emails will be sent out to the individual customer who hit that rule, (for example - orders again). In our case now, no exit event is needed.
8. In field 5, you input the emails to be sent (Email builder desigh or custom HTMLs) and set the timing. It’s important to remember that this is time after the trigger event happens and not after the first email is sent so if you’re having a series of emails, they need to be timed for 1 day, 3 days, 5 days after trigger event, for example.
9. For design inspiration in case you want to use our email builder, check out our sample gallery of emails created with Metrilo.
10. In field 6, you can type a tag to be applied to all people who meet the criteria of the automation campaign. This helps you easily find them later and doesn’t require you send them an email.
11. Save the campaign and hit the On button. If you want to measure the campaign performance, it’s visible on the default view of the Email automation tab where all automation campaigns appear.
For more info and ideas about the automated email campaigns, you can visit the following articles:
- Reengaging customers who are slipping away
- Cross- and up-sell campaigns
- Recover abandoned carts
- Content drip campaigns