To setup your own domain for sending emails with Metrilo, you need to add a few DNS records. Why do you need to do that?
- To prove that you are an authorized sender from the domain
- То еstablish a positive email reputation for your own domain
How to setup the domain?
- Go to your account Settings in Metrilo and open the Sending Domain menu. Add your domain in the field and press the Setup button.
2. This is what you will get when you press the Setup button.
3. Open GoDaddy and add the two TXT DNS and one CNAME records as follows (use the images above and below for reference):
- instead of teststore.com (as you see it in Metrilo), put "@"
- instead of pic._domainkey.teststore.com(as you see it in Metrilo), put only the first part, which is the key generated, e.g. "pic._domainkey"
- instead of email.teststore.com, put "email" (literally, the word email)
TXT Record 1
Name: Instead "teststore.com" you will need to add simply "@".
TXT Record 2
Name: Instead "pic._domainkey.teststore.com" you will need to add simply "pic._domainkey".
CNAME: Instead "email.teststore.com" you will need to add simply "email"
Value of the records stays the same!
When you complete all the steps, just press “Verify domain records”. Metrilo will automatically check and confirm whether all names and values were properly set. If everything is set, all status indicators will be green. See image below:
If you have any problems, let us know in the live chat. We wish you success with email marketing!