Importing a CSV file with leads to Metrilo should take you less than a minute. In this article, we'll guide you through the requirements for your CSV file and walk you through the 2 steps required to import your data to Metrilo.
First things first: CSV file requirements
- Your CSV file needs to be comma-separated (the standard CSV file definition).
- It needs to be UTF-8 (to make sure international characters are processed correctly).
- It needs to be 5MB or less in size (that's enough for close to 30,000 leads).
We've also prepared a quick video to walk you through the process:
Go to the Customer Database tab and then click Import Customers in the top right corner.
Step 1: Pick or drag and drop a CSV file
You can pick the file that you want to be imported, or simply drag-and drop it in the import UI area.
Step 2: Associate columns
After uploading your file, Metrilo will ask you to associate the right columns in your CSV file with the actual fields in your account.
Simply walk through each column that you want to be imported and associate it with the right field.
Note: There are two special fields:
- Tags: it allows you to import individual tags to every lead. If you want to add more than one, simply list them divided by comas.
- Subscribed: If you happen to have a field in the CSV file that shows if the lead should be imported as a subscribed one, simply use one of the following accepted formats for it: 1, true, yes
As a last sub-step, if you want each and every lead to be marked with a specific tag, add the tags from the bottom left corner of the UI.
Then, click "Import customers" on the bottom right.
Step 3: Sit back and relax for a couple of minutes
Metrilo will send you an email when your import is processed and when every lead has already appeared in your customer database.