In order to keep your brand top-of-mind, your customers need to hear from you from time to time. Even if you don't want to do newsletters, you can send an email to repeat customers and keep them engaged until they're ready for a new purchase.
First, test what kind of messages work for this purpose:
- use tips
- feedback on orders and service
- news from the industry
- company announcements and charity activity
- games and quizzes
- related product offers, etc.
Then, you can automate the process. Potentially, this practice can generate extra sales and improve your retention.
How to do it in Metrilo?
- Go to the Revenue Breakdown and make sure the period (top right corner) is set to "Last 7 days". The default breakdown is showing revenue by new vs returning customers.
- Under the Customers column, click the number of returning customers. This pulls up a list of all repeat customers for the period.
- At the top, click "Send email to customer". Choose the email builder you want to create your email with. We suggest sending one type of a message one week and trying another type the next to compare results.
After you've sent a few variants, check which one performs the best in the Email Performance tab.
Automating the engagement series
After you've found what works best with your audience, send that kind of message to every customer who buys repeatedly with email automation.
- In Automated Emails tab, start creating a new campaign.
- Give it a name - "Content engagement", for example.
- Set the trigger event to "Places an order".
- Filter by a parameter of the triggering event: order count = 2.
- Go down to "Send the following emails" and put in the message in the email composer.
- Set the exit trigger to "Places an order".
- Turn the toggle button at the bottom to Turn this campaign ON after I save it.
Fun tip: You can have different messages for customers after their 3rd, 4th and so on orders or milestone ones for the 5th, 10th and so on.