One very profitable use of email automation are product cross-sell campaigns. With Metrilo, you can pick the right products to cross-sell together. From the platform, you can easily automate the whole process to offer related products to customers without another plugin.
How to find related products with Metrilo?
- In the main menu, go to Products.
- Select a longer time period from the top right corner (more time means more data and meaningful results)
- You get a list of all products by purchases. Click on Details of the best selling ones.
- Under the graph, set the filter to People who purchased this item also purchased.
- You'll see a list of the products people bought in addition to the one you're exploring. You'll see if a large number of people who buy product A also buy product B. There's your related product to offer.
How to set up an automated cross-sell email campaign
- Go to Automated Emails and start creating a new automation campaign (top right corner).
- Give it a name (field 1).
- From the drop-down menu, set the trigger to Places an order (field 2).
- Hit the Filter by a parameter of the triggering event button.
- You'll see additional fields to choose criteria. The first drop-down is set to "Order count" by default - switch it to "Product".
- Search for your product and select it.
- Set the exit trigger to Places an order. This way, a customer who entered the campaign but placed another order meanwhile, won't receive the email. (field 4)
- Then, go to Send the following emails (field 5) and create that email. Here, you can add the related product you want to cross-sell - picture and price are directly pulled from your store.
- Set the timing when the email should be sent - we recommend in a few days.
- Switch the toggle button at the bottom to ON and hit save campaign. :)
Here's an email template you can adapt to your business: